No lace - I'm taking a scientific research cruise out into the North
Atlantic next week so no time for crafts.

However, I thought I'd try taking some knitted lace to sea with me, just in
case we spend days hove to in endless gales (again). I've not done any
before so may not get very far. Anyway, if you've not already discovered
it, there are some fabulous designs at this site
http://www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk/
including a beautiful scarf pattern that is free. Its designed by Sharon
Miller who has published at least one book. The design is charted and looks
straightforward in principle.

>  I have been knitting lately, and am
>interested in knitted lace.  Does anyone have a
>recommendation for a beginner's book on knitted lace?

Jane Read
Honorary Secretary Challenger Society for Marine Sciences
Room 256/21, Southampton Oceanography Centre
Empress Dock, Southampton, SO14 3ZH, U.K.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  tel: 02380-596432