Carol Said ""One of my colleagues has a theory, based on the (apparent) fact
that people
have set out to climb Ayers Rock, never to be seen again.""...

I think that is just a good excuse to go back to the Red Centre, and visit
the area again!!!  It is very spectacular, and I love visiting there (I
would not like to live there - but a visit is wonderful!!)

I have not heard of folks disappearing there though.   Hanging Rock, here in
Victoria (and not too far from Melbourne) is the "People Disappearing
Place"!    Perhaps she meant Hanging Rock, - in which case she could be

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,