With regards to selling items made from other peoples' designs this happens
all the time.  I have collected soft toy patterns, both knitted and sewn, for
about 40 years now.  When I attend craft fairs I often seen knitted toys for
sale designed by Jean Greenhowe among others.  And I frequently recognise other
items that I have the patterns for amongst my collection.  These people are
selling them to earn money for themselves, not for a particular charity.

I have just looked inside "Knitted toys" by Jean Greenhowe where it states
"No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted , in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording or otherwise, or (significantly - my word) any items made for
commercial purposes without the prior permission of Hamlyn Publishing and the
copyright holder."
That seems pretty comprehensive.  However, as I have said it seems to be very
widely ignored.

Patricia in Wales