Dear Spiders,

Having nothing better to do this lunch time and having a moderate library of lace books, (approx 100 books ranging from Mincoff and Marriage through to Sandi Woods latest publication covering both English and Continental laces) I decided to do a quick search to ascertain which of the two terms was most commonly used.

My findings are:

It would seem that the use of both terms was about equal across the books that were studied.

The publication date of the book and the lace style covered do not seem to affect which term was used.

The use of the term Linen stitch for CTC occurs in some Continental lace books.

Nowhere did I come across the term Whole stitch defined as CTCT.

Half stitch was consistently used throughout to mean (CT)

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments of others that the most useful thing is to define your terms at the beginning of the publication.

Happy Lacing

Andrea Lamble
Cambridge, UK.

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to