> I asked her to explain, as I just could not understand what she
> was saying.
> She got very red and agitated and said she was not allowed to
> give advice, I
> must speak to my line manager. I repeated that I was not asking
> for advice,
> but did not understand, she just said that her time was up and
> scuttled off
> to Dressmaking!
>
> I have asked my manager to explain it all when she gets her report.
> Apparently I will be "graded", but not permitted to know my grade!
>
> Its like some sort of secret society.

Far be it from me to advise you regarding your job but you might like to
have a read of the Freedom of Information Act which was first introduced in
2000
http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/20000036.htm   and which has now been
updated  and fully implemented to include the General Right of Access for
all Information by public authorities which only came into force in January
this year. http://www.cfoi.org.uk/foi311204pr.html

You will have to check the facts but I believe that providing you only want
information about yourself and you submit the request in writing you are
entitled to find out information that is kept on file about yourself and
they must submit it to you within 20 working days.

Non Illegitimi Carborundum
(Don't let the B*****ds Grind You)

Best of luck
Jane Bawn