In answer to Laurie's question about the proximity of railroad stations,  the
textile curator Anita Jones responded, "The Penn Station is only 5 mins or
so south of the Museum by car or taxi.  BWI is about 15-20 mins from the
Museum.  I have never used the rail station there, but I imagine you would
have to
take a train from there to Penn Station to get closer to the  Museum."

A large turnout for the Cone Sisters/ Baltimore exhibit and CRLG Lace Day
would certainly demonstrate the popularity of lace exhibits  to museums.
Apparently a previous exhibit about quilts that featured a  well-known speaker
about
Baltimore Quilts filled the auditorium with 350 members  of the quilt world.

The curator informs me that she has told the museum that lace enthusiasts
are a smaller, but very devoted group. I hope that those who attend and who
enjoy the exhibit, over 50 items in several rooms, express enthusiasm to the
upper management of the museum as it will bolster the position of the textile
curator and her decision to hold this exhibit.

Ilske Thomsen will be coming from Hamburg, Germany to speak on Lace and
Fashion at 2:00, a talk which is not only free, but will be followed by
beverages
and yummy tidbits from what I hear.

The full schedule is available at _http://crlg.org/lacedaynext.html_
(http://crlg.org/lacedaynext.html)