Alice and All, I think we have tried just about everything suggested so far - just stopping short of hurling the whole kit and caboodle across the room! The one thing which I do try to get through - with varying degrees of success, I have to say - is that threads should *not* be too long, and the pillow should look *tidy* - ie, with all the threads about the same length. Some of the class members are meticulous about this, others - and the lady concerned - just don't seem able to comprehend the need for it. Perhaps that could be the reason - or one of the reasons anyway. We will see. She has just embarked on about a mile of altar cloth edging, so if she doesn't get the threads and bobbins sorted, she is doomed to a lot of frustration, I think.
So - we will keep on experimenting, and if anyone has any more suggestions, please don't hesitate! I may not be able to answer everyone personally, but you are all greatly appreciated, as is the help! Carol - in Suffolk UK - going to wind bobbins for the Sheringham Lace Day Get-Together next weekend, the 9th April - always a good day, so I'll hope to see lots of you there! Subject: [lace] Re:square bobbin report - hitches > - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
