A bit of scene-setting first. I'm left-handed and my nan, who first taught me the beginnings of whole stitch, is right-handed, so I quickly learnt that hitches only work if the thread is wound the right way onto the bobbin. I do a lot of kayaking which uses a double ended paddle which is normally shaped slightly differently for left and right-handed use. I can also *really* confuse my Guides (10-14 y/o) if instructions for a craft I'm running change depending on handedness >:->

What I've seen happen before is that, whether in paddling or a "handed" craft, people often claim to be have one dominant side but, when it comes down to it, end up in using the other hand. Perhaps she's just got it all confused in her head which way round she needs to do things and every time it goes wrong, it just adds to the problem? Do the hitches slip and slide when you hitch the bobbins or haven't you tried that yet?

Helen

At 12:08 01/04/2005, Carol Adkinson wrote:

Jane, Mary and the Spiders,

This thread brings sparks a great interest in me!   One of my class has the
most awful trouble with threads unwinding, and nothing any of us can suggest
makes any difference.

Most of my class members use my threads (?) and the bobbins the lady is
question uses are Richard Ives' - I have lots of his, and I and the rest of
the class have no trouble at all but - this one lady seems to spend all her
time rewinding and rehitching threads...............


Helen in Somerset, UK


-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.6 - Release Date: 30/03/2005




- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to