I laughed and laughed!!  Noelene, you are truly the bard of all lacemakers!!

As a new lacemaker, I was told two things:  you will never have "too many"
bobbins.  And, as far as books go, Tamara advised me "Get'um while you
can!"   While the first lesson was adhered to with wild abandon for several
years, I realized that there IS a point at which that advice becomes null
and void.  On the BOOKS issue, however, I have not yet reached the
saturation point.  When I devoted a spare room in my house to my
"office/lace room", I put in a large bookcase.  It housed all of my
professional books, and a couple of shelves of lace books.  As time went
by, I gradually packed up the "lessor" professional books to make way for
new and essential lace books.  Eventually, the lace books "ruled", and it
now holds PRIMARILY lace-related books, folders, folios, notebooks, etc.,
with a few remaining shelves holding "stuff".  (All of the professional
books now reside in my office at work, freeing up all that wonderful space!)

But my books have narrowed in focus.  I've been more selective, AND (yes,
it's true...) I've consigned a few books to the table at lace days, where
they were purchased by others more interested in the topic than I...  So
yes, "I'm Clay, and I'm a lace book-aholic".....

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]