Hi All,  I guess no one else has picked up the gauntlet Jeri threw down so I
will <G>.  The second paragraph in the NY Times article about crocheted
thongs made in Poland.  And I quote:

"But the story doesn't stop there.  First, the National Folk Art Society
started legal proceedings, claiming that the women were sullying the town's
storied lacemaking reputation.  Then the local priest took to listing
suspected thong makers in his weekly Sunday sermons.  No word yet on how
many have repented."

I hope they're making a lot of money <VBG>.

Jane in Vermont, USA glad I hadn't put that part of the paper out to be
recycled yet!