On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:19:21 -0500, Sue wrote:
>Picots vary according to the sort of lace you are making. So picots in Beds
>are different from in Binche which aren't the same as those in Bucks lace
>etc. As you learn a new sort of lace the constant question is "how does this
>sort make picots?"

For me this is followed by a quiet internal comparison of this method with
other methods I've learnt,  usually leading to a decision to carry on doing
it the way I have been.  Double thread picots have lots of methods - I've
learnt different ways in Honiton, Beds/Bucks and Flanders - but I can't
detect any difference in the appearance.  So after giving any new method a
try out in class I revert to doing them the way I like.
--
There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the
dirt doesn't get any worse. Quentin Crisp