Hi All!
I was one of JoAnne's roomies at the IOLI convention. In case she doesn't get back to her email right away, I thought I would try to clear up her comment about "sitting in on Lier Lace Class".

We were lucky to have Greet Rome-Verbeylen and her Michigan lacer traveling comanions stop by our city (Cedar Rapids, IA) for a visit the Friday before the convention. JoAnne was immediately impressed with the Lier lace technique and expressed her dismay that she was already signed up for a morning class and therefore would be unable to take Greet's all day class. After we got to the convention Greet said it would be okay for her to come for the afternoons. JoAnne paid the fee for an afternoon class. There were plenty of seats left so it was to Greet's advantage to have another student, even if it was for just half. JoAnne also bought all the class supplies from Greet. I hope this helps clarify her comment.

In other news, we were indeed sad to hear the news that Doris Southard's husband, Talmage, passed away last Wednesday. Doris is our guild mentor and a wonderful lady. If you would like her address please send me an email.

I also promise to post a convention update soon! It was great to meet so many of yoiu!
Anita Hansen
Cedar Rapids, Iowa