That's it!   I think this is just an amazing piece, and LOVE it!  One of
these days, I'd love to do a reconstruction.  Years ago, I tried my hand at
Sprang and remember it as no more or less difficult than bobbin lace - just
different.

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


> >And to keep this "lace related"...  One of the first bits of "old lace" I
> >ever saw was a bit of "Sprang" (if I'm not mistaken), made by Indians in
> >the Southwest in the mid 1800's.
>
> Was it this piece?
> http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu/coll/peris2.shtml
>
> I love the obvious care and attention that went into its making.  The
> caption says this is older than 1800's, though, so maybe not:  "Dates: ca.
> AD 1300-1450".
>
> In any case, a lacey enough textile to bring to the attention of the list.
>
> Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to