On 10/20/05, Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
> chemical. And the title has now been changed to: "Museum 19th c Point
> de Graz, Irish Lace trained skirt".
>

I am wondering what this Point de Graz is! surely they aren't coining
a lace, having heard  of 'Point de Gaze'

> even if I never tried to make it. Neither the roses nor the "ums"
> (what's the English for the three-leaf clover?)

a) three-leaf clover! or clover-leaf
b) trefoil (presumably derived from the French, trois feuilles = 3 leaves

You mention India, and possibly this textile was crafted in there. It
reminds me of other work made in India.  Despite that, it had been a
handsome garment when it was new. Is it my screen or is there a big
stain across part of it?

> Since I'm an "Arachne Dowager", with more than 10yrs of seniority and tons of

Hey, so am I. Shall we strike a bobbin for the Arachne dowagers ~ or
perhaps a needlepin... :p

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to