On 10/21/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Jane Viking asked for a report. I do try to report on our Lace Day talks and > have done so in the past but sometimes the words of the talk are meaningless > without the illustrations.
As one who travels mostly by armchair, I appreciate comments and reports about lace days, conventions, and other get-togethers - not a rundown of what the speaker spoke, necessarily, but the little things, like how many attended, in what sort of place, and what the weather was, if you saw someone wearing a particularly special piece of lace, if travel was complicated, or direct, if there were new lacemakers, or other Arachnes - and some descriptives - the speaker was fascinating, and one bit I thought was most interesting was..(etc.). Admittedly some of us have the gift of the gab and typing fingers (and don't seem to know when to stop, speaking for myself entirely), most of the time 'less is more' - a few lines of about how the event 'was' is perfect. And I thank you all who post about them. -- bye for now Bev in Sooke BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada) Cdn. floral bobbins www.woodhavenbobbins.com - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
