I have been demonstrating at a Bush Festival all day (and more tomorrow!), and a lady visited our stand who was recently back from England. She went to Honiton, but could not find any lace to see. she asked at the Tourist bureau where she could find some lace, and they said "nowhere". She knew the Lace shop was closed. I suggested that there might be some at the Allhallows Museum, but I was not sure about that. Next time she goes there she will enquire, she said - and check the Internet beforehand!

But I found this strange, - that she could not find any lace to look at in Honiton.

I don't think she is a lacemaker, just someone who likes to look at pretty lace! I did point her in the way of Bedford!! (My home town, where I went to school!) and the Cecil Higgins, and Bedford Museums, ------ but no lace in Honiton - what Is the world coming to?!

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz