On 22 Dec 2005, at 19:07, Addicks wrote:

I found the village, her name, her occupation, and his name and occupation. Not sure what it proves, but it wraps the romance of those bobbins around my
heart every time I look at them.  I have never gone back to find their
marriage date at St. Catherine's (appropriate, eh?) where English marriage
records were kept -
GRO indexes are now at the Family Record Centre,  Myddelton Street.
my trips to the UK came to screeching halt when I sold
the shop - but I would just love to spend time, find this couple, and their
children.
It would be wonderful to have a set of bobbins like that with documented pedigrees.

Many, but not all yet, of the GRO index entries are on-line at freebmd
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
What date was the marriage? If it was before 1837 you'd have to look at the church register. Mostly those are in the appropriate county Record Office

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to