Greetings, arachnes,
I also do knitting, apart from learning my bobbin lace, and last year I
wanted a book on lace shawls because I got loads of alpaca wool to spin as
fine as I could (1/2 mm each ply) and wanted to make myself a shawl or a wrap.
Here's the book I got: "Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls" by Martha
Waterman, ISBN 1-883010-48-9
It has a nice story of the Shetland shawls and plenty traditional stitches
plus patterns. I used it as inspiration to knit my mum a wrap in a combined
thread with glitter thread, alpaca and rayon, in shades of periwinkle,
turquoise blue and light green, in peacock stitch. It looks like the Lily
pond in Monet's painting, all soft and ripply...
Debora L.
"Walrusing" in my jammies, in frosty Toronto
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]