On Monday, January 16, 2006, at 08:57  PM, Janice Blair wrote:

Margot wrote:
A hint to save a bit of money:  I just checked with the Hyatt Regency
reservations centre.  If you are of 'a certain age' (as the French say),
the Seniors' rate is about C$6 a night cheaper than the convention
rate, and you get a better room.

What is that "certain age" in Canada. I have just qualified for the Kohl's senior rate with my birthday last week (62) and finally got my British pension sorted out. I will be receiving the princely sum of 15gbp a week, but better in my pocket than theirs. :-)

Officially it's 65 (for pensions and the like) but businesses, museums, theatres, etc. set their own standards. So it can vary from 55 to 60 to 65. I don't know what the Hyatt's criteria is - young desk clerks take a look at my white hair and don't ask any questions!!!

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot/seaspray/SeasprayLaceGuild.html