Liz, I bet the honiton horse is beautiful, but my eyesight is not good enough to work honiton lace. I had huge difficulty seeing to sew the material to the lace for the hanky. I had to take my spectacles off and work with the cloth about 6 inches from my face. I could only work about an inch or two at a time. I now have a magnifying glass on a stand with light and also the new specs may make that sort of thing easier in the future. I am glad that Tamara was able to answer the question about where the pattern came from as I said my teacher supplied it and I really couldn't remember the name of the book. The finished horse is fitted within a 10 inch x 8 space inside the frame so pretty big, although I expect it could be reduced and used with finer thread if you wished.
Sue T, Dorset UK

Lovely Lace, Sue. -- Especially that gorgeous Rocking Horse! Where did you get the pattern, please?
I would Love to make it.

I made the Honiton rocking horse, from the Biggins Honiton Book, - but I made it in Needlelace, and it looks great. I would love to have a friend for it!

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is now on a little website my husband has put together at
http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk if anyone wants to take a look.
Sue T