I took this class at IOLI in Harrisburg and the
teacher, Suzanne Brackenbury, was from England.  She
was a great teacher and we really learned a lot from
her.  I think it was her first time teaching for the
IOLI.

I don't consider this a point ground lace at all.  No
point ground stitch anywhere in the ground or motif
fillings.  I don't consider it Torchon, but it's
probably closer to that than any other lace I've
experienced.  The diagonal half-stitch is a challenge
- something I had to learn by rote before I began to
"see" how it should be worked.

No one has mentioned the duitse plaits (sp?)!  It's
usually a diamond shape, worked in cloth stitch, but
in a particular manner to create an open pattern.  It
looks a little like lattice-work when finished.

I have some 's Gravenmoer on my yahoo photos.  I
haven't put up a photo yet of my bracelet though.
http://photos.yahoo.com/drswilliams

I find it a lot more "fun" to work than Torchon.  And
I look at Torchon patterns and mentally replace the
stitch patterns with 's Gravenmoer stitches.

Diane Williams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Galena Illinois USA

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to