My husband bought me a replica lacemakers lamp, its beautifully made and has the glass bowl on top for water. I tried it out on Christmas day and was amazed that I could work lace using it. I got it positioned so that the small shaft of light shone just where I needed it to on the small area of current work. I can see why they sat outside as much as possible for natural light and I certainly wouldn't like to have to work like that all the time. I use an angle poise lamp which shines onto the top of my pillow and works well for me.
Sue T, Dorset UK

I've seen two demos of lacemaker's lamps.  In both, I was quite
impressed by the amount of light concentrated onto the work area by a
very-low-wattage bulb (no brighter than a real candle).  Certainly not
like an Ott light, but for the time....

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to