Greetings gentle spiders

I am sorry to say that I have been a 'lurker' for some time. However, I thought you may be interesting in my experience regarding using a lacemakers lamp.

In 2004 I visited Cruelly in France for a lace event organised by the Association Dentelles et Blondes Caen et Courselles-sur-mer. www.blondecaen.chez-alice.fr .

The exhibition was set in the Chateau. There were lacemakers from all over Europe. In a 'dungeon' a lace pillow was set up illuminated by only one candle and a globe lacemakers lamp. I really didn't believe just how good the light was. The room had no additional light other than the candle. By focusing the beam from the globe onto the area of work on the pillow, about 1 square inch, it was very easy to see well enough to make the lace. In this case, fine point ground.

One of the laces I make is Honiton and I believe that I could have used this lighting system work on my Honiton pillow in the dark. Needless to say the electric lighting we are used to is brighter but the focused light from one candle was just amazing.

Jan Gardiner
In sunny, cold Wiltshire UK.
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to