  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: Elizabeth Ligeti
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 7:11 AM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Springett workshop

  Yes, Christine still uses that expression when describing how to make a
picot!  In our workshop two weekends ago, she told us who coined that phrase,
but I have forgotten now.  Maybe someone else can remember.  She was careful
to give credit to a number of teachers who have been important to her.

  Clay
  --
  Clay Blackwell
  Lynchburg, VA

  ---- Elizabeth Ligeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  =============
  In the mid 1980's the Springetts came to Australia (Twice), and gave us
  workshops.
  When tensioning up carefully, christine told us to "Milk Fairy Cows" (How do
  you do that? - Very Carefully!)  I wonder if she still tells students
that!!
  It is such a silly phrase, - that one Never, Ever forgets it!!!!!!!!!

  It still makes me smile when I find myself telling me to "Milk Fairy Cows",
  if I am being too enthusiastic with tensioning up!!!!!!!!

  David gave a wonderful talk on bobbins, and the other time Christine gave a
  great slide show of her collection (or some of it).  They were both
  memorable occasions.

  Regards from Liz in Melbourne