The problem with eyebrow tweezers is that they're like scissors - they open and
close freely, so when you put them down, the thread falls out.   Hackle pliers,
on the other hand, are like small clamps - they are closed unless you pinch
them open.  The particular hackles that I like have rubber-like pads on the
tips so they grip the thread quite well when closed.  This means you can put
them down and pick them up again just as you would a wound bobbin.

Clay

--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA