On Mar 12, 2006, at 20:34, Alice Howell wrote:

While it's quiet, I'd like to ask, "What bobbin makers
do you know who are actively taking orders and making
bobbins?"

I've been the person for our guild who has sought out
bobbin makers for Lace Day Commemorative Bobbins the
past few years.  We like a different one each year,
and I'm running out of people I know about.  I'm most
interested in the USA bobbin makers but I've been
known to contract orders from other countries also.

The makers who come to mind at the moment to start the
list are:

USA
Lori Howe - Lacefairy
Jim Stavast - BeeUtahful Bobbins
Bill Schmidt
JoAnne Pruitt

Also Kenn Van Dieren and Richard Worthen; neither of whom paints their bobbins with fancy stuff (though Worthen will be making commems for the upcoming North Carolina Region LG, so I suppose he's flexible, and Kenn might be too). April ? (April's bobbins) paints beautifully, but I'm not sure if she makes her own bobbins or paints pre-made ones. And I'm not sure if she's taking orders right now -- she's had some health problems recently -- but it's worth checking

UK
Matthew Hester

There are _loads_ of them in UK, so I'll leave it to our UK members to pipe in with the info on that part of the world.

But there's Neil Keats in Australia, whom I can recommend highly (and have been, for years <g>)

It seems to me that, in general, the bobbins bought _outside_ US tend to be at least competitive (often cheaper) with the US-made ones so, if there's enough time, you might want to consider "outsourcing". With the dollar still weak as a newborn and the postage rates rising everywhere you may decide not to go that route but, again, it might be worth exploring.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/
Lexington, Virginia, USA     (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to