Okay, I'm very guilty of just glossing over and deleting things that don't
pertain to me at that moment.  And so I've done with the information regarding
garters.  (I only have 3 daughters; why on earth would I want information on
garters?!)  Could I possibly have been in denial that they would one day leave
home and, gasp! get married?  <vbg>  But I find myself most likely needing one
for a wedding next summer and I'm sure I will need every month of this next
year to complete this, being a very slow lacemaker and looking at an another
possible overseas move later this summer.   (I'm just getting the bobbins
untangled from the last move!)
So, for the first few questions...would 1.5 inches be a wide enough lace?  And
exactly how is the lace attached to the elastic?  And I'm assuming the length
should be based on the measurement of her thigh x how much?  The pattern we
are currently looking at is called Marjory, found in 100 Traditional Bobbin
Lace Patterns by Stott and Cook.
The idea is to work the lace in silk using white Au Ver A Soie with a blue
gimp, hopefully in Soie Perlee.  I've not checked yet to see if that is
available.  Is this a reasonable plan?  Is there something more we should
consider?  And is there something written on the web or elsewhere regarding
making garters, so perhaps I can refer to that rather than bother the list
with questions I know have been addressed in the past?
Any an all input is appreciated.
Dona in West River, MD where the house is open and a warm 80 degree breeze is
blowing through.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to