Hello everyone,
I have been asked to introduce myself and how my husband and i got to make lace bobbins. Well, for starters I am Dutch and he is English, and live in the UK near the City of Hull on the East Coast. We have two grown-up children (daughter working and son at uni), a mad labrador called Megan and a red-pepper addicted ancient guinea pig called Eskarina-the-Wizard-Witch (anyone who reads Terry Pratchett will know who this is). I started lace making about ten years ago, doing a community education course in the village. My husband has always done woodwork and promised me for years that he would have a go at turning some bobbins for me. However, work took over a lot of both our time and nothing came of this and my lace stuff got rather dusty. Mike took voluntary redundancy at work, and I scaled down my foreign and english language teaching, so we could both have some more free time. So, Mike finally started to turn bobbins last year and I went back to lace making, having to teach myself all over again. However, some friends then also got interested in bobbins and lace, and since then there has been no stopping him, and I started to sell bobbins on ebay. We try to keep them affordable, do not claim them to be pieces of art, but very functional, nice looking bobbins. I am going to try my hand at Bucks lace this year, having booked a course with Christine Springett in June and I am quite looking forward to that.
Well, that's us, for now at least.
Regards,
Agnes

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to