After waiting for 6 weeks for my new book (Introduction to Milanese Lace) to arrive and this morning I got an email saying there was a delay of another couple of weeks. Does anyone know where I might find a copy of this to buy?

I have never heard of the difference either and have enjoyed reading you emails everyone.

I find that when I read bits in the books I have, even 3 or 4 years after I origianlly bought the book or started working the lace that little techniques or explanations for a stitch become even clearer to me. I have done a few little bits of pin chain stitch recently and then was reading on a different pattern and it was then explained to me again, and I did the slight change and it works:-) In the early months I found it very confusing knowing when to twist at the end of the row and when not, but eventually got the information to stick:-) . Still learning, still enjoying working the lace and enjoy the finished pieces to pass on to friends or adorn my wall. (which is now full).
Sue T in Dorset UK.


I never heard of the difference between "Z" and "S" either until I read Martina Wolter-Kampmann's book on threads. It is fascinating, and explains *why* it helps to change the hitch on those misbehaving bobbins. ;) As I said to Jenny about terminology, I tend to just "do it" and put a name to it later... with threads, I just find a solution and go with it! But Martina's book takes the mystery out of it.

As a handy tool to help me find the right thread for the project, however, I prefer Brenda's (Paternoster) book, both for the way it's organized, and for the fact that she covers so many modern threads and constantly adds more via her website. (THANKS, Brenda!!)

Clay

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to