I have often found a lot of useful information on the Wikipedia website,
http://www.wikipedia.org/

The idea is that anyone who knows anything about a topic contributes, and
if you read an article and think the author got it *all* wrong, you can
edit the information.

However, just lately I was Googling, trying to find information on the
lacemaking machines that made knitted lace, and not really finding what I
wanted to know, and I went to the Wikipedia page on lacemaking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lace-making

At the bottom are "Lace types".  Names in blue lead to articles about the
lace type, but if the name is in red, it leads to a page that says "Article
Not Found: We don't have an article with this title . . . ".

I thought "Look at all those holes!"  Surely some of our Arachnes could
fill some of them in.

And to my disappointment the "Leavers" article was not about lace at all!
Pooh!

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com
http://lost-arts.blogspot.com/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to