In a message dated 5/31/06 10:19:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> In fact, nets are so efficient at catching small animals and birds that > their use has been banned in most places. (And so efficient at catching > fish that only Native Americans are allowed to use nets in the Great > Lakes.) I find them highly useful for my thread stash, as a net lets me > see what is in there, and lets the thread breathe. (I'm careful to hang > them out of direct sunlight.) > Dear Lynn, You might consider keeping your thread stash out of artificial light as well as sunlight. Please remember that museums use filters on lights and reduce the lighting in galleries - to protect textiles from UV emitted by lights. For this reason, I use products that will protect my skin from UV damage - even on days when I do not leave the house! Have not seen anything written on this subject, but it does seem logical to protect your skin as well as you should protect fine textiles!!! Jeri Ames in Maine USA Lace & Embroidery Resource Center - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
