Thanks to all who took the time to write about the favours from lace events,
it's interesting to hear what "neat" things have been thought up.

The fake suede sounds great, the bobbins would not roll (continental),
Chatelaines are always useful, where did I put that tool?   A case for
scissors cannot be beaten, the sharp points always get me.

The most useful gift I got has been a totebag, beautifully sewn from sample
drapery fabric, acquired at our Pacific Northwest Lace Conference in Victoria,
BC.  I use it when cycling, it's not bulky and carries everything I need in my
carrier.  I have seen many of the totebags in use at various lace functions so
they were very popular.  For cuteness,  I love the little ceramic hedgehog
pincushion, it sits on my shelf with some of my prettier pins in it, it was
given out at one of the BC Lace Luncheons.

Cinderella (Tamara), I hope your ankle recovers real soon, how lovely that you
wanted to "run home"  to DH ;o).  You crack me up!!  A good excuse to stay at
your lace pillow for a few days while recovering.

Irene Whitham
Surrey, BC
only 9 days until Pacific Northwest Lace Conference,