On the other hand, the hankie I am making now is Binche lace, and is an old 
pattern which has been reconstructed.  I'm using very fine thread (140/2) and 
began working the lace on the day after Christmas, 2005.  I have just (today!) 
turned the third corner.  I estimate that I have worked a few hours a day 
(occasionally all day!) for an average of five days a week on this piece 
(yes...  I'm obsessed!), and still have one full side and a corner to go.

I'd say that I have worked on it at least 10 hours a week since the day after 
Christmas. Taking off two weeks for another project that got in the way, I'm 
going to say 20 weeks at 10 hours a week...  That's 200 hours!!  At $10/hour, 
that's $2000!!  And remember - it's only 3/4 complete right now!!  No wonder 
they called it the lace of Royalty!!


Clay

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA


---- Brenda Paternoster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 

=============
UK minimum wage (assuming you are more than 21 years old) is 5.05 GBP 
per hour - so your hankie would "cost" more like 250GBP

Brenda

On 5 Jun 2006, at 19:16, Viv Dewar wrote:

> I timed myself this weekend at 1.75hrs for 4cm. So assuming a “minimum
> wage” of about GBP4.50/hour and allowing about £5 for yarn and the
> simple cotton hankie to attach the lace to – my hankie should “cost”
> about £210!
Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to