I hope Chef Lo-RĂ© isn't going to be too upset when I choose the "turf" but say that it has to come with no sauces, no dressings, just plain and simple.

Malvary in Ottawa (the Nation's capital), Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margot Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ARACHNE" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:03 AM
Subject: [lace] IOLI /Montreal

On Saturday, June 10, 2006, at 10:54  PM, Tamara P Duvall wrote:

The "surf" is scallops, the "turf" is "deer surlonge", which I take to be venison.
Yup - it's a venison steak. I haven't been back to Montreal for 2 years, so I'll be there for 3 weeks. I've been making a list of things to do and see. The 'see' is a list of friends to visit. The 'do' is a list of many, many restaurants (and the heck with the diet). Montreal has thousands (no exaggeration) of restaurants and they have to be really good to stay in business. So I'm saving my money and I'm going to indulge.

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot/seaspray/SeasprayLaceGuild.html