Hi All,  After my trials with couronnes last year I thought I should add an
update.  I made a Battenberg doily with couronnes recently!  I was going to
have spoked wheels in all the 1" squares and then decided couronnes would
look wonderful in some of the squares.  I decided this while doing the legs
for a spoked wheel and did a couronne without practicing first.  That one I
ended up cutting out but I did about 20 in all and they turned out pretty
nice!!  I was very pleased that I hadn't lost my touch.  And they are SO
MUCH FUN to do!!  For any non-NLers couronnes are buttonholed rings.  Last
year I spent a few weeks trying to make them with a ring stick and finally
got the tension right.  The ones on the doily were made in place so that was
a little tricky at first (trying to wrap the thread in the circle the same
amount of times for each ring) but I got pretty good at it.

Jane in Vermont, USA - Lady of the Rings <G>