3)I guess if I had to pick one thing,  I would say a block
  pillow.  I have seen some in catalogs, but they are expensive.  I have
  seen some at a Lace Day, not so expensive, but the blocks weren't
  covered, and that was a problem.  I am useless at sewing and could not
  even figure out how I would go about covering blocks.  So, I'm still
  waiting, for that day when a not too expensive block pillow, with
  covered blocks, makes an appearance.  And for those of you wondering why
  I don't make one myself:  useless with wood and sewing.

  Lise-Aurore

  Lise-Aurore,

  I once saw a block pillow that had all the block-cover-material secured with
'iron-on' tape.  Each block had the covering neatly in place (probably pinned
in place) and a 'tape' of iron on fabric fused completely around each block.
It looked to me that this was a really good 'no sew' way of covering the
blocks.  I would really consider doing it if I needed to do another one.
  Ken Van Durn (The bobbin maker) has them at a reasonable price, the cut
blocks and a finished base.

  Lorri F