Hi everyone,

The two sessions with the 7 girls and 3 mothers is
over.  My good friend Shirley went with me, thank
goodness.  The first session, there were seven people
total.  They all started on a shortened version of the
snake.  They got the head done, and some of them got
part of the neck.  I had given them only the head and
top part of the body for a pattern.

The week between classes, I checked each pillow, and
added the tail that I thought each could finish, based
on how much they had done the first session.  In some
cases, I cut off most of the body from the pattern,
and put the tail direction to the neck.  It made a
short snake.

The second session, the two missing girls and one
mother came.  I gave them fish patterns (mostly the
head of the snake but with just one eye) to do so they
could finish in the two hours.

Everyone ended up with a finished item, even though
they were different sizes.  We put them in plastic
sleeves (cut to size) so they could be roughly handled
without damage.

At the end of the project, there was some talk of
having some more lessons, and how they could make
their own equipment.  They may start with pillows made
of swim kickboards that are available at the Dollar
Store.  Glue cardboard to the back, and felt and
fabric on the top, and they would work through the
early lessons.  We might make dowel and paper bobbins.

After the county fair is over, I might be able to
think about this coherently.  Right now I'm facing 8
straight days at the fairgrounds, starting tomorrow. 
I won't have much time to even read my messages so
will probably get behind.

I'm eagerly awaiting a report on the Table Ribbon
contest at IOLI.  The winners were supposed to be
presented tonight.

So, thanks again to Shirley for her marvelous help
with the girls.  I have to rest up for tomorrow.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- where we are supposed to have an
almost ideal weather week for county fair for a change.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to