I believe the Italians do Reticella lace and Milanese lace. 

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Sue
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:18 PM
To: Arachne
Subject: [lace] Italian Lace

Can anyone help give me an idea of the type of lace made in Italy, as a
general rule, in the making of tablecloths.  I want to make table napkin
edgings for someone who has a lace tablecloth bought from Italy about 20
years ago.  I have never seen it and it needs to be done in secret:-)  I do
know it is white and when I tried to question my Mum she said it looks like
some lace she has on her wall.  (this is a torchon piece I did, but
remembering she probably has only seen it when she bought it and her memory
isn't the
greatest:-)

Obviously I don't expect anyone to be able to pinpoint it, just if I
understood whether torchon, bucks, beds, styles are done, if anyone more
prevalent or have they a style completely different.

Any help you could give would be gratefully received.
Sue T, Dorset UK

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 22/09/2006
 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 22/09/2006
 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to