Traditionally, the bobbins used in Denmark are the long ones with spherical
knobs at the ends, usually beaded. However, you can use any continental or
East Midlands bobbin that you like. Since there are virtually no sewings in
Tonder lace, it's perfectly fine to use spangled bobbins, if that's your
preference. If you're going to be doing a wide lace that uses many pairs of
bobbins, you'd be smart to select something narrow, such as a Binche bobbin.

For pins, I like 30 x .50 steel pins.

For some interesting pictures of Tonder bobbins and lace, please take a look
at <http://lace.lacefairy.com/International/Denmark.html>.

For an interesting discussion about "How to Select a Pin," go to
<http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/Pins.html> and scroll down to that
title, below the listing of pins.

Enjoy your class!

Barbara Joyce