I just received my Nordic Needle catalog. (This is a needle workers supply
company that ships world wide-for those not in the USA).  And it seems to have
a tatting shuttle that appears to be what Tamara was talking about.  It is
item #7292A in the catalog -I haven't checked the web site,
www.nordicneedle.com<http://www.nordicneedle.com/>
There is a fine point on one end and a more oval one on the other.  3" long in
metallicized plastic.
It appears to me that it could be used as an aficot.

Lorri