On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:25:47 -0000, Sue wrote:
>I have been thinking about putting some lace on the
>webshots, to date the way that I have photographed some  of mine has not
>been very succesful, what is the best angle, light, background etc. any
>ideas?

A few brief thoughts - I have a cold and am working on half a brain today.
Daylight is better than flash, but in England in winter you'll probably have
to settle for flash.   Pick background so that it isn't too high a contrast
to the lace, so for white lace don't use anything too dark, mid blue can be
good.
If your piece is small enough then skip the photo stage and just scan it
instead.
Take a look on my website for some examples that may help.

When you have got a photo, then you have half the job done, but only half.
Even an image from a digital camera needs some more work before using it on
a computer.  (Grandparents who send 40Mb pictures of their new grandchild to
everyone in their address book, including some on dialup, should have their
computer confiscated!)

There's some advice about this on my website:
Beginners Guide to Computer Images
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/comppic/begin.htm
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]