To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:25 AM
Subject: [lace] Highland year of culture - Inverness Scotland

We are celebrating the Highland year of culture in 2007 and the Inverness Lace Group is participating in a very exciting project, namely making lace for a
large piece of community textile art.  Lacemakers, quilters, spinners,
weavers, dyers, feltmakers and embroiderers are all contributing towards this
piece of work.

Last night, at our monthly meet, Joan Baxter - a texstyle artist - who
designed this piece of work came to speak to Inverness Lace Group about our lace contribution. If you want to read more about the project you can go to the following website: http://www.highlandarttextiles.co.uk/index.htm. We will be making the wind turbines you can see under the third panel (the last
panel on the right).

The project will be unveiled on the weekend of the 31st August, 1st and 2nd
September and during this time members of the public will be invited to
classes held by the various 'disciplines' (for want of a better collective
word <grin>) which brings me to my request:

Inverness Lace Group (or Highland Lace Group as the project renamed us) will
need to have a lace tutor on hand for Sunday - someone who can perhaps
showcase his/her own lace work, hold an informal class etc. Any volunteers from the British contingent of Arachne? We can contribute to your costs and
provide accommodation.

Please contact me off list if you are interested
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

thank you

Micki Cameron
Inverness Lace Group Secretary
from a dampish morning in Drumnadrochit, Scotland