In a message dated 2/10/07 3:28:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Amazon UK have four copies of the book mentioned below at an exorbitant
> prices ranging from GBP 65.99 (around 128 US dollars) to 83.52 all from the
> USA. The only reason for looking at it on Amazon is that you can look inside
>
> at the first few pages. It's certainly not worth looking to buy at those
> prices.
>
> Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

Dear Jean and Others who love books,

This is interesting.  I used to write reviews for books related to lace that
were not likely to be covered in our various lace bulletins issued by lace
guilds -  to fill what I considered a gap in lace-related information..

However, I have tapered way off, because of little response, sometimes none,
from the list.  A review is a gift - of time, sometimes of money.

If you do not know about these books, you learn about them when they are "out
of print" and have become very very expensive.  This is an example.

Regards,

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center