Hi Everybody:

The prices Jean got from amazon.co.uk for the 50 Heirloom Buttons to Make book show how you need to shop around when you're on the Internet.

I popped the title into http://www.abebooks.com and got three results, one here in Canada for $32.95 (about 15 British pounds) and one in the US for $35.95 US (about 18 British pounds ?) and another in the US for $60 US. (what's that, 35 pounds?)

Once any seller pays for their web presence, it doesn't really cost them much more to advertise a book, so there are a few people who will put a book on the web with a ridiculous price, hoping somebody will buy it.

I always try abebooks.com because there are a lot of international retailers on it and I have a reasonable chance of finding somebody in Canada (hurray! no customs! No delay!). Also, since the ABE (Advanced Book Exchange) is a linkage of many many small bookshops all around the world, I'm usually dealing with smaller businesses and not giant ones. (not an employee, just a satisfied happy customer)

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)