Hello Linda

This is a thread that I haven't actually seen myself, so can only make educated guesses.

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran1026-0.html
has a description of the thread, describing it as 'ticket size 10'
This looks like 3ply thread with one of the plies being methlon (glitter)

http://www.handarbeitshaus.de/haekelgarn_liana.html
shows Liana in sizes 5, 10, 15 & 20
plain cotton, but no indication as to whether it's a 2 ply pearl cotton, a 3 ply, or a 3x2 ply crochet cotton.

Anchor also make a metallic pearl cotton in size 5 (comes in skeins) which is 3 ply; 2 of cotton and one of methlon, I'd guess that Liana is a finer version of that. If the size 10 is related to other pearl cottons it will come somewhere between perle 8 and perle 12 in other brands, so around 16-17-18 wraps/cm. The only other thread I know of that is anything like that is Altin Basak, Simli Dantel Ipligi size 50. Made in Turkey it is 90% cotton and 10% metallic, though it's 3 plies of cotton and one metallic.
http://www.thethreadstore.com/Turkish.htm

Can someone give me some information on why it is impossible to obtain Liana threads in the U.S. and where I might find a supplier of Liana threads from
Europe for some of my Anna projects.  I have tried to substitute DMC
cordonnet, but not been happy with the result. I have tried google, but don't find
Liana thread per se, just some other Anchor threads and the  occasional
art-thread or metallic thread under the Liana name. I am looking for the Liana
crochet cotton.


Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to