Very quiet today.  I was about to send a test message
when the others came through.  I thought maybe
Majordomo was having a problem.  I guess everyone is
just busy elsewhere.

I am mending a Maltese silk collar.  I need some silk
for replacement of a missing section.  The silk used
was fairly thick, 3-4 times thicker than Guitermann
100/3, and with a loose twist.  I have very few silk
threads, other than the 100/3.  Can anyone suggest a
brand for me to check out?  This thread was either
boiled, or the collar has been washed.  The silk is
shiny.

I can double or triple the thread when I use it, so
size is less important than the look and feel, but a
thicker thread would be preferred.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alice in Oregon -- on a record breaking 26 straight
days with rainfall, though the sun came out today.