Hi Alice,

I purchased some silk from Pipers a few years ago and their '90 Silk Floss' seems to me to be very similar to the silk used for Maltese lace. I found the pale cream was almost a perfect match for some of my Maltese lace, however I do realize that not all Maltese lace is the same shade. The silk floss also comes 'folded', i.e. you can order how many plies you need to match your thickness of thread.

I have some Maltese lace that needs repair as well so if you have any tips or techniques for me please pass them on.

Good luck,
Cindy - in bright and sunny Wisconsin