This is the 'new' version of the Horror Kit, and IMO it is not worth
much.  I bought the original Horror Kit in the late 80s/early 90s, and
the foam was about 1" thick.  I backed it with some lightweight
plywood, covered it with fabric, and have managed to make some
bookmarks with it.  I don't care much for it, though, because it's
flat.

I saw the 'new' version of this kit in 2003 when our group took
beginner bobbin lace lessons.  Two of the gals got 'such a deal' and
ordered this kit.  The foam is now about 1/4" thick, and it couldn't
hold a pin straight.  It was truly awful, and they ended up borrowing
pillows from the instructor.  The bobbins are useable, but 1/4" foam
with a cardboard frame is not at all acceptable.

It really is a shame, it is not a good introduction to lace at all.

Lenore in Michigan

http://tatt3r-lace.blogspot.com