Hello Helen

1) Has anyone made the lace heart in Bridget Cook's Weddings, Christenings & Anniversaries in Lace book? I am interested to know what size thread would be a good choice if making the heart using the working diagram (i.e. the bigger diagram) instead of the actual pricking. I would appreciate suggestions please as I really don't have the energy or enthusiasm just now to do lots of experiments for myself.
I don't have the book (even though there's one of my patterns in it!) but the table on
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/threadsize/threadsize.html
should help you to to gauge which size thread to use for the bigger pricking.

2) I am hoping to visit London in October for a few days. Since I will be doing the usual touristy stuff and I prefer quiet and space, I am keen not to get caught up in hoardes of children on half-term holidays. Could someone in the know please advise which week(s) would be best to avoid? It is quite a while since I was at school myself ...

Half term in Kent is 22-26 October

Brenda in Allhallows, Kent
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/index.html