Hi Again, everybody:

I just wanted to add a bit of clarification to my post - I said Binche doesn't have much of a ground - that's because I look on individuals peas/snowflakes as motifs, not as part of an overall ground. So what some call "snowflake ground" I call "filled with snowflake motifs, with twists between" or something like that. Same concept, just a different way of looking at it.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)
just trying to save myself from getting dozens of posts saying "what do you mean, "Binche doesn't have much of a ground"

Adele wrote:
Binche doesn't really have much of a ground; it's more like Old Flanders in that respect.

and

bevw wrote:
... I do understand that Flanders is an important introduction to Binche,
e.g. the snowflake grounds,...